All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on routines as basic as going to school and cooking and cleaning, Voices of Civil War America: Contemporary Accounts of Daily Life explores the lives of ordinary Americans during one of the nation's most tumultuous eras. The book emphasizes the ordinary rather than the momentous to help students achieve a true understanding of mid-19th-century American culture and society. Recognizing that there is better way to learn history than to allow those who lived it to speak for themselves, the authors utilize primary documents to depict various aspects of daily life, including politics, the military, ecomics, domestic life, material culture, religion, intellectual life, and leisure. Each of the documents is augmented by an introduction and aftermath, as well as lists of topics to consider and questions to ask.
- Author BiographyLawrence A. Kreiser is associate professor of history at Stillman College in Tuscaloosa, AL. Ray B. Browne, prior to his death in 2009, was a professor emeritus in the Department of Popular Culture at Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH. Professors Kreiser and Browne coauthored The Civil War and Reconstruction, a volume in Greenwood's American Popular Culture through History series.
- Author(s)Lawrence A. Kreiser,Ray B. Browne
- Date of Publication13/09/2011
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleVoices of an Era
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight893 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLawrence A. Kreiser,Ray B. Browne
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.