All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionVoices of Eastleigh draws together memories of life in this former railway town turned commuter location from a wide range of people. How do residents view their past, present and future? Has life in Eastleigh been good to them? What was it like to live in a railway cottage where everyone knew and helped each other? What is it like to live in a modern apartment in Benny Hill Close? Glen Jayson compares stalgic anecdotes from a centenarian resident to a child's view of the future. Read how working at Pirelli or Kipling was once a part of community life. The stories recalled here will rekindle memories for anyone who has lived in this area for more than a few years, and will be an eye-opener for any new arrivals who want to find out more about the history of Eastleigh. The book is illustrated with a wonderful selection of photographs that capture the spirit of this unique area over the past hundred years or so.
- Author BiographyGLEN JAYSON is a keen writer who has won awards for her stories. She has an interest in the local history of Eastleigh, hence this book. She lives in Southampton.
- Author(s)Glen Jayson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.