All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn an era, when Islam ostensibly lies at the heart of a volatile nexus of a global campaign of/war on terrorism, simplistic tions and dangerous misunderstandings about the cultures and nature of Southeast Asian Islam, in all its variants, are used to inform and justify policies. This collection of contemporary primary source material is designed to promote a deeper understanding of Muslim attitudes to major political, legal, religious and social issues in Southeast Asia through quotations from documents on Islamic law; state and governance; jihad; society, women and the family; personal expressions of faith; and sources of external influence. The sourcebook looks t only at the ideological and doctrinal content, but also at the motivations and psychology underlying different interpretations and viewpoints. The book will enable government officials, academics, security analysts, journalists and general readers to understand the ideologies, motivations, language and objectives of the main Muslim groups in Southeast Asia.
- PublisherInstitute of Southeast Asian Studies
- Date of Publication22/05/2006
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintInstitute of Southeast Asian Studies
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), maps, ports.
- Edited byGreg Fealy,Virginia Hooker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.