Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionVoices of Maui is a compilation of profiles by award-winning Lahaina News columnist Norm Bezane. Listen to the voices--descendents of Polynesian warriors and kings and queens and sugar plantation workers as well as recent 21st century transplants who live, work and play here... people whose culture is built on love of the land...people who couldn't resist moving here because they were blown away by island beauty. Learn what locals think, how they live and how they sometimes struggle. Destination Maui, Hawaii U.S.A, is a magical isle whose beauty is matched by the beautiful people who live here. Yet the curious, and the t so curious rarely get to kw Hawaiians or locals born and raised in a place beset by rapid change, where cultures sometimes clash and new lifestyles are being forged. This collection of essays and profiles gives voice to what the real Maui and its people are all about. These are the voices of Maui, t always heard, but here for all to learn from and enjoy.
- Author BiographyForty years ago, Norm Bezane, a former reporter for Business Week magazine in Chicago, starting a new career in public relations and a first marriage beginning with a honeymoon in Maui, Hawaii where--like so many others-- he fell in love with what he now calls the greatest place on earth. After numerous return trips over three decades, he took up permanent residency in 2001. Ever inquisitive, this lover of Maui returned to journalism and began to write about the remarkable people who grew up on or migrated to an isle that attracts two million visitors annually. Bezane writes from a unique perspective. Growing up elsewhere, he had much to learn and still-- in the humble manner of Hawaiians--has much more to discover. Hence an award-winning column in Lahaina News, and Voices of Maui, a compilation of essays written since 2006. Bezane is also the author of This Incredible Century: the Incredible Journey of Underwriters Laboratories. He proudly lives in Ka'anapali, Maui, Hawaii.
- Author(s)Norm Bezane
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication22/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.