All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionVolatile organic compounds (VOCs) are hazardous highly toxic pollutants that cause a number of environmental and human health problems. They are released during a wide range of industrial, transportation and commercial activities and their emissions have reached high levels. This book provides a review of the occurrence, behavior and ecological implications of VOCs. Chapter One evaluates the biogeneration of volatile organic compounds produced by microalgae. Chapter Two investigates VOC pollution from industrial complexes and wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs). Chapter Three illustrates the current kwledge of intra- and inter- organismal Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds (mVOCs)-based interactions, volatile perception, signal transduction and phetypical responses in the receiver organisms. Chapter Four summarises the current state of kwledge regarding the impact of emissions from gasoline powered vehicles on historical ambient VOC concentration trends, and on the current ambient urban atmosphere of the South Coast Air Basin. Chapter Five discusses the oxidation of VOCs over cyptomelane catalysts. Chapter Six studies VOCs from truffles and false truffles from Basilicata in Southern Italy. Chapter Seven discusses the removal of VOCs in the air by total catalytic oxidation promoted by catalysts.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight458 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJulian Patrick Moore
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.