All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his Philosophical Letters, Voltaire provides a pungent and often satirical assessment of the religion, politics, science, and arts of the England he observed during his nearly three-year exile. In addition to the Letters, this edition provides a translation of Voltaire's Proposal for a Letter about the English, a general Introduction, chrology, tes, and bibliography.
- Author BiographyJohn Leigh is a Fellow of Fitzwilliam College, and University Lecturer in the Department of French, at the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom. Prudence L. Steiner took her Ph.D. in American Literature at Harvard University, where she served as Lecturer and Director of the Harvard Extension School Writing Program.
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Weight226 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Edited byJohn Leigh
- Translated byPrudence L. Steiner
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.