Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionJane Austen collected her childhood writings into three manuscript notebooks, both as a record of her earliest work and for the convenience of reading aloud to her family and friends. Volume the First (as she entitled it) contains fourteen pieces - literary skits and family jokes - dating from about 1787, when she was eleven, to 1793. Amusing in themselves, they give us a direct picture of the lively literary and family milieu in which the novelist's juvenilia was formed. This new edtion carries a Foreword by Lord David Cecil, a former president of the Jane Austen Society and Professor of English Literature at the University of Oxford. There is also a Publisher's Preface by Brian Southam, author of Jane Austen's Literary Manuscripts and other works on Jane Austen.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/11/1984
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Jane Austen library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Volume editorR. W. Chapman
- Foreword byDavid Cecil
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.