Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding voluntary feed intake of pigs enables the precise formulation of pig feeds, ensuring the ingestion of sufficient but t excessive amounts of nutrients to optimise performance. This reference textbook, based on scientific results covers all aspects of feed intake in pigs. It contains up-to-date reviews by rewned scientific experts on different aspects affecting voluntary feed intake and diet selection in pigs. Different physiological factors involved in feed intake regulation, ranging from the sensorial evaluation of feeds, to the hormonal and metabolic regulation of feed intake and the impact of pig health are discussed. The book also deals with aspects such as genetic background of the animals, feeder design, environmental conditions, and the use of models to predict feed intake. This book is intended for academics, researchers, students and industry professionals involved in the field of pig nutrition and pig production.
- PublisherWageningen Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication10/05/2009
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintWageningen Academic Publishers
- Edited byDavid Torrallardona,Eugeni Roura
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.