All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionVolunteer Tourism is one of the major growth areas in contemporary tourism, where tourists for various reasons seek alternative goodwill experiences and activities. To meet this demand there has been a surge in volunteer programmes offered in range of destinations organized by a variety of charities and tour operators which is predicted to continue to grow in the future. Volunteer Tourism provides an in-depth analysis of the complex issues associated with traditional and contemporary volunteer tourism. Reflecting the growth in this phemen, this book provides a cohesive collection of chapters written from a range of international expert scholars and researchers. The theoretically rich, practically applied and empirically grounded contributions are based on current and diverse research in the area. This groundbreaking volume explores topics which have t been addressed in the literature before, such as the impact on host communities, introducing new areas and ideas to the field. The diverse range of themes are identified and addressed, including volunteer tourism and sustainability to, uniquely, the examination of volunteer tourism stakeholders - volunteers themselves, the host-to-guest exchange, and the organizations - and management of volunteers. These themes are examined in a range of international case studies, demonstrating the wide range of issues associated with volunteer tourism. This volume is a timely addition offering an invative approach to the area. Volunteer Tourism will be of interest to both students and researchers interested in tourism, leisure and development, as well as n-academics, practitioners, NGOs government officials at all levels.
- Author BiographyDr Angela M. Benson is Divisional Leader for Tourism at the University of Brighton, Adjunct Associate Professor, University of Canberra, and Founding Chair of the ATLAS Volunteer Tourism Research Group. Published articles include the areas of Volunteer Tourism, Best Value, Sustainability and Research Methods.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 28 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 18 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAngela M. Benson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.