All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you re looking for a way to make a difference while on vacation simultaneously getting away and using your talents to improve the world this guide shows you how a short-term volunteer stint can transform your life as much as the people, animals, and ecology you choose to help. This fully updated edition is filled with in-depth information and profiles of 150 select organizations, more than 40 new in this edition, running thousands of quality programs in the United States and around the world.Inside, you ll discover ways toExcavate Jurassic Period disaur fossils in Wyoming</li>Work with women in their own microbusinesses in Ghana</li>Study wolves with field scientists in Slovakia </li>Help Haitians rebuild their homes</li>Organize activities for orphaned children in the Dominican Republic</li>Live and work with elephants in Thailand</li></ul>Each listing includes complete contact information with locations, costs, dates, and project details you won t find anywhere else. It lets you kw the work volunteers typically do and any special skills needed and highlights projects specifically tailored for families, seniors, and people with disabilities. Stories from recent volunteers and a host of new photographs help you further imagine your volunteer adventure.
- Author BiographyBill McMillon is a high school teacher.Doug Cutchins is the director of social commitment at Grinnell College.Anne Geissinger is a part-time photographer.Ed Asner is a professional actor. He appeared on The Mary Tyler Moore Show, for which he won an Emmy, and the series Lou Grant. He also appeared on the television series Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
- Author(s)Anne Geissinger,Bill McMillon,Doug Cutchins
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleVolunteer Vacations
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byEd Asner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement11th
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.