All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $19.72
About this product
- DescriptionSix-foot CharMane lays on the Voodoo, a stick pokes out an eye, a dead man brings in the Kennedy men, an outhouse secret stops a mob-and those are just the easy parts of Teddy Searle's life. Things really get interesting when he robs his Daddy to trick Swede and Jeff into...Oh, that's telling too much. This Teddy Searle Adventure begins in mid-1950s Arkansas. You meet his Mama, his Daddy, his Uncle Chas, and God-help-us, his Aunt Gail. They comprise a tight family, and all-for-one sort of bunch, except the one always seems to be Teddy, with his penchant for getting himself, and the rest of them, in hot, hot water. In spite of himself, Teddy is a lucky bar of wet soap. Surrounded, trapped, or chased, he squirts out of menacing moments at the last second-most of the time, that is. Sometimes he gets help from the most secret of sources; then sometimes he gets help from those darn pigs. Oh, the pigs? You will fall in love with them, just as you will with Louisa, who beats up on Cigarette, to save Teddy, who then gets cross-ways with the villains in the barn, who then...Oh, again, that's telling too much. Teddy tells you his own story, in his own words, stepping outside himself once in a while to share with you his private thoughts. He's funny, charming, goofy, unnerving, frightened, and maybe brilliant. Uncle Chas thinks Teddy is the smartest person he's ever kwn, though Aunt Gail would certainly give you a second opinion. In Voodoo Moon, you'll get a sense of where Teddy is going in life-and why. By the way, if you do get a sense where Teddy is going in life, Teddy would appreciate a te from you with your thoughts. He has idea, which is part of the fun for you and a big part of his own substantial angst. Teddy, after all, is a mystery to himself.
- Author BiographyDavid Butler is a writer living in Eugene, Oregon. His previously published work includes Cats Whiskers on Saturday (carolrhoda Books, div. Lerner Publications) and Fourth and Madison (LCC Press). He and his wife Johanna Larson have two children.
- Author(s)MR David J Butler
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.