All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionDespite endemic political violence, Colombia has one of the oldest electoral democracies in the Western Hemisphere. In this long-awaited, indispensable study, author Steven L. Taylor argues that an understanding of Colombia's political development requires understanding the evolution of its political parties and its electoral rules. This book deals both with the specifics of Colombia and with questions concerning how electoral reform and institutional change interact with the behavior of political actors. Taylor's argument holds clear and broader implications for the study of civil democracy in an atmosphere of political violence around the world today, and they have never been more relevant.
- Author BiographySTEVEN L. TAYLOR is associate professor of Political Science at Troy University and is an expert on Colombian politics.
- Author(s)Steven L. Taylor
- PublisherNortheastern University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationBoston, Massachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNortheastern University Press
- Out-of-print date16/04/2015
- Content Note51 illus.
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.