Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.32
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.37
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $85.98
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $69.65
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.78
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- Description'They shall griow t old, as we that are left grow old; Age shall t weary them, r the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them.' It is late October, and the inhabitantsof the Cathedral town of Lafferton are getting ready for the Remembrance Day parade. This year will be grander than usual because of a VIP visitor. Leonard Cramm is preparing himself, as he always does; his grandfather was a hero of the First World War, his father a hero of the Battle of Britain. But then a couple walking their dogs go into a copse on the outskirts of the town, and one of them breaks an ankle after falling over something deep in the undergrowth. Remembrance takes on a different aspect, and Simon Serrailler - recently promoted to Detective Chief Superintendent - faces a terrifying situation, in which a great many lives are threatened, t least his own.
- Author Biography'Susan Hill has always been able to tell a good story ... and we should be delighted that she has turned her formidable talent to crime writing' Daily Mail Susan Hill's novels and short stories have won the Whitbread, Somerset Maugham and John Llewelynn Rhys Prizes, and many of them are set texts for GCSE and A levels. She is the author of Mrs de Winter, the sequel to Rebecca, and the ghost story, The Woman in Black, which was adapted for the stage and has been running in London for more than twenty years Born in Scarborough, she lives in Gloucestershire, where she runs her own small publishing company, Long Barn Books.
- Author(s)Susan Hill
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/06/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChatto & Windus
- Out-of-print date12/01/2010
- Weight570 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.