CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.39
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.67
About this product
- DescriptionOceane, successful computer graphics designer and former dancer, likes to travel, but doesn't like to go out; in fact she never leaves home. Her solution is to bring the world to her South London flat using satellite, the internet and passing foreigners. Her lifestyle suits her until she starts getting letters from an ex - an ex who died ten years ago. Utilising the services of Audley, failed mercenary and debt collector, Oceane has to start searching the world. Weaving from the sex clubs of Barcelona to the battlefields of Yugoslavia, this is a meditation on a random world, why ketchup is important and why the Audit Commission rated Lambeth Council as one of the worst in the country.
- Author BiographyTibor Fischer was born in Stockport in 1959 of Hungarian parents. Brought up in South London, where he now lives, he was educated at Cambridge and worked as a journalist. He was shortlisted for the Booker Prize for his first novel, Under the Frog, which also won the Betty Trask Award, and he was nominated as one of Granta's Best of Young British Novelists.
- Author(s)Tibor Fischer
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication05/08/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight188 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.