All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVOYAGES IN WORLD HISTORY, BRIEF EDITION, masterfully uses the theme of movement-the journeys of peoples, ideas, and goods-to help readers make sense of the overwhelming range of people, places, and events throughout history. Each chapter begins with, and is framed around, the story of a person who traveled within the time period and region under discussion. Readers will enjoy the stories and will also learn to critically evaluate the traveler's observations and attitudes. A primary source feature called Movement of Ideas helps readers to analyze original sources by providing multiple explanations of significant ideas throughout history.
- Author BiographyKenneth R. Curtis received his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in African and Comparative World History. His research focuses on colonial to postcolonial transitions in East Africa, with a particular focus on the coffee economy of Tanzania. He is Professor of History at California State University Long Beach, where he has taught world history at the introductory level, in special courses designed for future middle and high school teachers, and in graduate seminars. He has worked to advance the teaching of world history at the collegiate and secondary levels in collaboration with the World History Association, the California History/Social Science Project, and the College Board's Advanced Placement World History course. Valerie Hansen received her Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania in 1987. She is Professor of History at Yale University, where she teaches courses in East Asian history, especially pre-modern China. Her many scholarly publications include CHANGING GODS IN MEDIEVAL CHINA, 1127?1276 (Princeton UP, 1990) and NEGOTIATING DAILY LIFE IN TRADITIONAL CHINA: HOW ORDINARY PEOPLE USED CONTRACTS, 600-1400 (Yale UP, 1995). She is also author of THE OPEN EMPIRE: A HISTORY OF CHINA TO 1600 (WW Norton, 2000) and THE SILK ROAD: A NEW HISTORY (Oxford UP, 2012). As co-author of the Cengage Learning text VOYAGES IN WORLD HISTORY, she contributes Chapters 1-15.
- Author(s)Kenneth R. Curtis,Valerie Hansen
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight816 g
- Width206 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementBrief ed of 2nd Revied ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.