All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $69.86
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionNobody kws Bangkok like Royal Thai Police Detective Sonchai Jitpleecheep, and there is one quite like Sonchai: a police officer who has kept his Buddhist soul intact-more or less-despite the fact that his job shoves him face-to-face with some of the most vile and outrageous crimes and criminals in Bangkok. But for his newest assignment, everything he kws about his city-and himself-will be a mere starting point. He's put in charge of the highest-profile criminal case in Thailand-an attempt to bring an end to trafficking in human organs. He sets in motion a massive sting operation and stays at its center, traveling to Phuket, Hong Kong, Dubai, Shanghai, and Monte Carlo. He draws in a host of unwitting players that includes an aging rock star wearing out his second liver and the mysterious, diabolical, albeit gorgeous co-queenpins of the international body-parts trade: the Chinese twins kwn as the Vultures. And yet, it's closer to home that Sonchai will discover things getting really dicey: rumors will reach him suggesting that his ex-prostitute wife, Chanya, is having an affair. Will Sonchai be enlightened eugh-forget Buddha, think jealous husband-to cope with his very own compromised and compromising world? All will be revealed here, in John Burdett's most mordantly funny, propulsive, fiendishly entertaining vel yet. Praise for John Burdett and his Bangkok vels: 'Cracking East meets West thriller introducing a half-Thai, half-American cop whose Buddhist beliefs are as important as his forensic skills. Terrific' Observer. 'A fantastic new thriller with an avenging Buddhist cop as its central character' Mail on Sunday. 'Read this book, savour the language - it's the last and most compelling word in thrillers' James Ellroy. 'Impeccably researched, this is sometimes poetic, often exotic, and totally hardcore' Daily Mirror. Burdett's fever-dream mysteries, set in Bangkok, recast the police procedural as psychedelic peep show. The New Yorker. Burdett is purely and simply a wonderful writer. The Washington Post Book World.
- Author BiographyJohn Burdett was brought up in North London and worked as a lawyer in Hong Kong. To date he has published seven novels, including the Bangkok series: Bangkok 8, Bangkok Tattoo, Bangkok Haunts, The Godfather of Kathmandu, and Vulture Peak.
- Author(s)John Burdett
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleSonchai Jitpleecheep
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight255 g
- Width135 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.