All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a step-by-step tutorial to guide you through learning WCF and Entity Framework. Clear step-by-step instructions and relevant screenshots will make sure you won't get lost in the new world of WCF and Entity Framework. Configuration files, host applications, test clients, and WCF services for each solution will also be available for download for you to examine, modify, and debug from the outside in. The book focuses on the essentials of using WCF and Entity Framework, rather than providing a reference to every single possibility. It leaves the reference material online where it belongs, and concentrates instead on practical examples, code, and advice. This book is for C#, VB.NET, and C++ developers who are eager to get started with WCF and Entity Framework, and want a book that is practical and rich with examples from the very beginning. Developers and architects evaluating SOA implementation techlogies for their company will find this book particularly useful because it gets you started with Microsoft's tools for SOA and shows you how to customize our examples for your prototypes. This book presumes basic kwledge of C# or C++. Previous experience with Visual Studio will be helpful but is t required, as detailed instructions are given throughout the book.
- Author BiographyMike Liu studied Mathematics and Software Engineering at Nanjing University and Brandeis University, graduated with a bachelor's degree and a master's degree respectively. He is a Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP), Microsoft Certified Solution Developer for Visual Studio 6.0 and Microsoft Certified Solution Developer for .NET. He has been working as a software Engineer/architect on various platforms (DOS, Unix, and Windows) using C/C++, Java, VB/VB.NET, and C#. Mike started using C# for production development back in 2001 when C# was still in beta stage and he is now working as a senior software engineer for an investment management firm in Boston, Mass. Mike had his first book,MITT: Multi-user Integrated Table-processing Tool Under Unix,published in 1993, and a second book,Advanced C# Programming,published in 2003. The previous two versions of this book,WCF Multi-tier Services Development with LINQ and WCF 4.0 Multi-tier Services Development with LINQ to Entities,were published in 2008 and 2010.
- Author(s)Mike Liu
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication16/01/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.