All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with World Class Operations Management (WCOM), detailing its principles, methods and organisation, and the results that this approach can bring about. Utilising real-world case studies illustrated by companies that have adopted this model (interviews with Saint-Gobain, L'Oreal, Tetra Pak, Bemis, and Bel Executives), it describes common patterns drawn from decades of hands-on experience, so as to present a theoretical approach together with the concrete application of its principles. WCOM, adopted by several multinational companies, is one of the more invative management practises, as it integrates the best Continuous Improvement approaches (Lean, Total Productive Management, World Class Manufacturing) as well as the most invative approaches in human dynamics like Change Leadership, Performance Behavior, Shingo Model, to name a few. Every book's chapter has been authored by an expert in these different fields, thus revealing the synergy among the different practices, which is one of the distinguishing and successful aspects of WCOM Maximising reader insights into the successful implementation of such an approach, and explaining t only its potentialities, but also its implementation dynamics, the critical points and the ways it can be integrated into different situations, this book is also about how to create a culture of excellence that is sustainable over a long period of time and delivers consistent (or ever-improving) results.
- Author BiographyNOELA BALLERIO Noela is Senior Knowledge Manager at EFESO, with 15 years experience in knowledge management and linguistics management. She obtained an honours degree in Law and a Master in Juridical Anthropology & Ethnology at Milan University. She practiced for 2 years as a lawyer and legal translator, cultivating her passion for social sciences by attending a drama school in Milan and seminars in drama therapy. She joined EFESO in 2001 as Translation Manager, Knowledge & Communication Manager and then Knowledge Manager. Today she is coordinating the knowledge development process in the Change Management domain, and teaching communication skills. She writes and draws children stories, translate books, makes readings. CARLO FRANCESCO BARONCELLI After a doctorate in Management Engineering, Carlo attended a specialisation course at MIT in USA and at JIPM in Japan. Carlo was one of the promoter partners of Efeso and has more than 25 yrs experience in Operations Strategy and World Class Operation Management, leading programs for multinational companies, from Product Development to Supply Chain domain. His experience encompasses many industrial sectors, from Automotive to Pharma, Packaging, Mechanical, Paper, Steel, and Public Administration. The most relevant experiences fall into the field of Manufacturing. He has been responsible for Manufacturing and Logistics' Area at the School of Management of the Universita di Genova, he has teached at ISTUD and MIP (Master of the Politecnico di Milano) and for 'Universita' di Bergamo. He was Vice-President of the Italian Chapter of the Society of Logistic Engineers. Since 2007 he is a member of the Directoire and responsible for the Knowledge Development of Solving Efeso Group in Paris.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 94 colour illustrations, 20 colour tables, biography
- Weight608 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCarlo Baroncelli,Noela Ballerio
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.