All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionDoes the WTO leave appropriate policy space to its Members to pursue legitimate objectives, such as the ecomic development of developing countries, the conversion to a greener ecomy, or recovery in times of a global ecomic downturn? This legal and rmative analysis of the WTO rules on subsidies and countervailing measures sheds light on why governments resort to subsidization and, by tracing the historical origins of the SCM Agreement and the Agreement on Agriculture, on why they have been willing to gradually confine their policy space. This sets the stage for a systematic and comprehensive legal analysis of both agreements, which integrates the vast amount of case law and proposals tabled in the Doha round. A separate case study explores the complex rules on export credit support, and the book closes with an in-depth rmative assessment of these WTO rules on subsidies and countervailing measures.
- Author BiographyDominic Coppens is an associate at Sidley Austin LLP's Geneva office, where he is a member of the firm's International Trade and Arbitration group. He advises governments and private stakeholders on international trade matters, with a focus on dispute settlement under the auspices of the World Trade Organization. He is also an associate member of the Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies at the University of Leuven, Belgium.
- Author(s)Dominic Coppens
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleCambridge International Trade and Economic Law
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus.
- Weight1090 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.