All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you inspired by the little things, the bits others might overlook? A crack in the sidewalk? The trunk of a fallen tree? Shards of broken pottery? Do you want your artwork to speak to the abstract nature of color, and shape and texture, composition and mood? With Wabi-Sabi Art Workshop, you'll learn to use your appreciation for the simple things in life--the ordinary, the aged, the humble--as your inspiration for making expressive, intuitive art. You will come to embrace imperfection and recognize that, yes, in fact, there is such a thing as a happy accident! The wabi-sabi philosophy of art is probably a little different from what you're used to--it's a style that finds inspiration and beauty in the imperfect, impermanent and humble nature of everyday objects. And there is a special freedom in wabi-sabi's abstract aesthetic, a forgiving approach that celebrates so-called mistakes and fosters an experimental spirit, encouraging you to build up and tear back with abandon. Inside Wabi-Sabi Art Workshop You'll Find: * Dozens of inspiration photos and tips for taking your own. *27 traditional haikus. *35 techniques using such diverse media as oil and acrylic paints, alcohol inkers, foils and leaf, pastels, plaster, collage and handmade papers, teabags, paper towels, coffee, crayons, encaustic paints, fibers and more. * Lots of Wabi-Sabi Wisdom--tips and troubleshooting. *70 big, beautiful finished pieces of art illustrating featured techniques. * Links to online bonus content--step-by-step demonstrations illustrating six additional techniques. Add Wabi-Sabi Art Workshop to your artistic library and expand your artistic horizons today!
- Author BiographySerena Barton is a mixed media artist and leads creativity and art workshops and group and individual art coaching at her studio in Portland, Oregon and at art retreats. Her greatest joy comes from providing an atmosphere in which her students can discover or rekindle their creative passions. Visit Serena's website, www.serenabarton.com to learn more.
- Author(s)Serena Barton
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Light Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.