Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionA major determinant of the primary distribution of national income, wages will have tremendous impacts on both social equity and ecomic efficiency in China. Wages in China: An Ecomic Analysis presents the latest research results on the transformation of China's wages formation mechanism since the adoption of the Reform and Opening Up policy. This 3-volume series looks at the impact from the institutional evolution of the wage system, social networks, and geographical factors on the determination of wages. After reviewing the history of China's wage policies and systematic transformation, the author examines the collective negotiation system as an example of institutional changes to explore the impacts on employees' wages, and does an empirical study on the shrinkage in labor's share of national income by using industrial and provincial data. Based on the discussion of local policy-making decisions under fiscal federalism in China, the author also analyzes the regional wage differences with ecomic geographical and regional policy variances. The perspective of inter-industrial wage spillover is also followed to explain the wage differences and convergence paradox.
- Author BiographyZhang Jun is a Changjiang Professor of Economics and Director of the China Center for Economic Studies at Fudan University in China. He is the Chief Editor of World Economic Paper and has been on the editorial board of Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, China Economic Journal. He authored and edited many books including Thirty Years of Reform and Opening Up,Transformation of the Chinese Enterprises, and Economic Transitions with Chinese Characteristics.
- Author(s)Jun Zhang
- PublisherEnrich Professional Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication12/09/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleWages in China: An Economic Analysis
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.3
- Place of PublicationHonohulu
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnrich Professional Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byEnrich Professional Publishing
- Translated byWing Hau
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.