All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Thomasina Miers is bringing a large slice of genuine Mexico to the mainstream' Independent Eat your way around the markets of Mexico with this collection of over 130 mind-blowing recipes from Thomasina Miers, co-founder of the award-winning Wahaca restaurants. Inspired by the flavours of Mexico but using ingredients easily found in Britain, Wahaca - Mexican Food at Home is all about cooking authentic Mexican food in your own kitchen. Mexican cooking is fresh, colourful and full of flavour, with breakfasts to get you through the day, hearty dinners, sensational puddings, and zingy cocktails. Follow Tommi on her trip through the markets, cantinas and fiestas of Mexico to discover recipes bursting with flavour you'll want to eat and share.
- Author BiographyThomasina Miers first arrived in Mexico aged 18, and the country and its food had such an impact that she went back to live there. She opened up a cocktail bar in Mexico City and used her free time to travel the country and cook with some of Mexico's top chefs. After returning to London and winning BBC2's MasterChef in 2005, Thomasina worked for six months with Skye Gyngell at Petersham Nurseries in Richmond. Thomasina and Mark Selby soon opened their first Mexican street food cantina, Wahaca, which promptly won the Observer Food Monthly's 'best cheap eats' award. Wahaca has since been included in the Cool Brands list, and was voted London's best Mexican. Wahaca has now has sites across the south-east of Britain, including Covent Garden, Soho, Bluewater, Canary Wharf, White City and Stratford. Thomasina is the co-editor of Soup Kitchen and the author of Cook, Wild Gourmets and Mexican Food Made Simple. She lives in London with her husband and daughter.
- Author(s)Thomasina Miers
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication21/06/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Weight936 g
- Width197 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.