All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor those who don't believe in God--or don't kw whether they believe--New York Times best-selling author Marya Hornbacher offers an insightful, moving approach to the concept of faith. For those who don't believe in God, feel disconnected from the ideas of God presented in organized religion, or are simply struggling to determine their own spiritual path, Marya Hornbacher, author of the New York Times best sellers Madness and Wasted, offers a down-to-earth exploration of the concept of faith.Many of us have been trained to think of spirituality as the sole provenance of religion; and if we have come to feel that the religious are t the only ones with access to a spiritual life, we may still be casting about for what, precisely, a spiritual life would be, without a God, a religion, or a solid set of spiritual beliefs.In Waiting, best-selling author Marya Hornbacher uses the story of her own journey beginning with her recovery from alcoholism to offer a fresh approach to cultivating a spiritual life. Relinquishing the concept of a universal Spirit that exists outside of us, Hornbacher gives us the framework to explore the human spirit in each of us--the very thing that sends us searching, that connects us with one ather, the thing that comes kcking at the door of our emotionally and intellectually closed lives and asks to be let in. When we let it in and only when we do, she says, we begin to be integrated people. And we begin to walk a spiritual path. And there are many points along the way where we stop, or we fumble, or we get tangled up or turned around. Those are the places where we wait.Waiting, you'll discover, can become a kind of spiritual practice in itself, requiring patience, acceptance, and stillness. Sometimes we do it because we kw we need to, though we may t kw why. In short, we do it on faith.Marya Hornbacher is the author of two best-selling nfiction titles, Madness: A Bipolar Life and Wasted: A Memoir of Arexia and Bulimia. She has also authored a recovery handbook, Sane: Mental Illness, Addiction, and the 12 Steps, and a critically acclaimed vel, The Center of Winter.
- Author BiographyMarya Hornbacher is the author of two best-selling nonfiction titles, Madness: A Bipolar Life and Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia. She has also authored a recovery handbook, Sane: Mental Illness, Addiction, and the 12 Steps, and a critically acclaimed novel, The Center of Winter.An award-winning journalist, she lectures nationally on eating disorders and writing. She lives with her husband in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Marya Hornbacher
- PublisherHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Date of Publication21/04/2011
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Weight229 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.66Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.