All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.76Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.55Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- Description<b>A remarkable tale of books and reading, w in a bilingual Spanish-English edition.</b> On most days, teacher and librarian Luis Soria Bohorquez packs his two burros, Alfa and Beto, with books and makes his way over mountains and through valleys to visit children in far-flung villages in rural Colombia all for the sake of literacy and culture. Based on the work of a remarkable man and his intrepid burros, this bilingual English and Spanish edition celebrates the impact that a special mobile library called the biblioburro has had on the lives of real children. About the author: Monica Brown s Peruvian American heritage has inspired in her a desire to share Lati stories with children. Her books have garnered starred reviews, the Americas Award, two Pura Belpre Author Hors, and the prestigious Rockefeller Fellowship on Chica Cultural Literacy. Monica is currently Professor of English at Northern Arizona University, specializing in U.S. Lati and Multicultural Literature. Visit her at monicabrown.net.
- Author BiographyJohn Parra is an award-winning illustrator, designer, teacher, and fine painter, whose work is avidly collected. John s books have received numerous awards, including the Pura Belpre Illustrator Honor Award for <i>Gracias/Thanks</i> by Pat Mora and for <i>Green Is a Chile Pepper </i>by Roseanne Greenfield Thong. John lives in Queens, New York, with his wife. Visit him at johnparraart.com.
- Author(s)Monica Brown
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/11/2016
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintRandom House USA Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width234 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Parra
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.