Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA gripping World War II adventure from War Horse author and former Children's Laureate, Michael Morpurgo. Jo did t stop until he'd shut the door behind him and even then his heart could t stop pounding in his ears. Jo finds out that Jewish children are being smuggled away from the Nazis over the mountains near his village. All goes to plan until German soldiers start patrolling the mountains, and Jo realises the children are trapped. Jo'EURO(t)s slightest mistake could have devastating consequences ...Shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal and Guardian Fiction award In the tradition of Goodnight Mr Tom, Carrie's War, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and perfect for fans of The Bone Sparrow, Waiting for Anya is a vel that takes children to the heart of a tumultuous period in history. It will provide a wider context for kids who have studied the Holocaust and The Diary of Anne Frank. Other Michael Morpurgo titles you may enjoy: The Eagle in the Sw Listen to the Moon A Twist of Gold Private Peaceful ------ Former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo needs introduction. He is one of the most successful children's authors in the country, loved by children, teachers and parents alike. Michael has written more than forty books for children including the global hit War Horse, which was made into a Hollywood film by Steven Spielberg in 2011. Several of his other stories have been adapted for screen and stage, including My Friend Walter, Why the Whales Came and Kensuke's Kingdom. Michael has won the Whitbread Award, the Smarties Award, the Circle of Gold Award, the Children's Book Award and has been short-listed for the Carnegie Medal four times. He started the charity Farms for City Children in 1976 with his wife, Clare, aimed at relieving the poverty of experience many young children feel in inner city and urban areas. Michael is also a patron of over a dozen other charities. Living in Devon, listening to Mozart and working with children have provided Michael with the ideas and incentive to write his stories. He spends half his life mucking out sheds with the children, feeding sheep or milking cows; the other half he spends dreaming up and writing stories for children. For me, the greater part of writing is daydreaming, dreaming the dream of my story until it hatches out - the writing down of it I always find hard. But I love finishing it, then holding the book in my hand and sharing my dream with my readers. Michael received an OBE in December 2006 for his services to literature.
- Author BiographyMichael Morpurgo: The Master Storyteller. Former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo needs no introduction. One of the most successful children's authors in the country, and loved by children, teachers and parents alike. Michael has written more than forty books and won the Whitbread Award, the Smarties Award, the Circle of Gold Award, the Children's Book Award and has been short-listed for the Carnegie Medal four times. His novels have been adapted for film (My Friend Walter, Why the Whales Came) and stage (most recently, Kensuke's Kingdom for the Polka Theatre and Why the Whales Came by for Alibi.)
- Author(s)Michael Morpurgo
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication05/02/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Weight162 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 10
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.