All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Republic of Georgia, the Communists are long gone, replaced by something much more confusing, that's for sure. There are jobs in the cities. And when there are jobs, employees aren't compensated. And when they are compensated, it's because the jobs are t strictly scrupulous. When Slims discovers an application for an American small business internship programme sponsored by Hillary Clinton, he kws that he has found his calling. Slims' dreams of bringing opportunity and the American dream to his homeland, even as his friends and relatives embrace decadence and a staggering array of unsavoury business practices. But when he finally gets to America he sees what reform and progress look like up close. And suddenly, his loud, bickering family and his anguished, joyful country longer seem so grim.
- Author BiographyChristina Nichol grew up in the Bay Area and studied at the University of Oregon. She has travelled widely, worked for non-profit film companies, and taught English in India, South Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, and, of course, Georgia.
- Author(s)Christina Nichol
- PublisherGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication24/03/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.