All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen police officer Theresa Grey is called to the New Zealand town of Kahukura on Tasman Bay, she drives straight into a horror story. The locals have been overwhelmed by a sudden collective madness, causing them to kill themselves and each other in truly gruesome ways. First, Theresa tries to help; then, she is forced to run for her life. An hour later, she emerges to a scene of carnage. There are thirteen other survivors. Slowly, they find one ather and face their new reality: trapped in the town by some kind of invisible force-field, cut off from the world outside. What begins as a story of horror becomes a story of survival. Together, they must bury the dead, become a community, face their own fears and weaknesses. Ultimately, they must fight for their lives - because whatever caused the insanity is still at large. And it hasn't finished. Rich with atmosphere, alive to character and emotion, Wake is a riveting tour-de-force. A book about extreme events, ordinary people, heroic compassion - and invisible monsters.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Knox is one of New Zealand's leading writers. She is the author of ten novels, including The Vintner's Luck (longlisted for the Orange Prize 1999). Elizabeth was made an Arts Foundation Laureate in 2000 and an Officer of the New Zealand Order of Merit in 2002. She lives in Wellington with her husband and son.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Knox
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noten/a
- Weight582 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $69.86
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.