All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could t learn what it had to teach, and t, when I came to die, discover that I had t lived. Inspiring, brilliantly written, cantankerous and funny - Walden is both a very specific story about one man's attempt to live the simple life in the wilderness, and the great, founding text both for the environmental movement and the entire counter-culture A new series of twenty distinctive, unforgettable Penguin Classics in a beautiful new design and pocket-sized format, with coloured jackets echoing Penguin's original covers.
- Author BiographyHenry David Thoreau (1817-62) was born in Concord, Massachusetts and educated at Harvard. He became a follower and a friend of Emerson, and described himself as a mystic and a transcendentalist. Although he published only two books in his lifetime, Walden is a literary masterpeice and one of the most significant books of the nineteenth century.
- Author(s)Henry Thoreau
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- Series TitlePocket Penguins
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight194 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.