All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionA top aide to Martin Luther King, Jr., Andrew Young has been a witness to history and has made his own. During the cvil rights movement, he worked tirelessly as a strategist and negotiator during the campaigns that resulted in the passage of the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act, and was at Martin Luther King, Jr.'s side when he was assassinated. For years, in correspondence and conversation, he has been mentoring his godson, Kabir Sehgal. In this entertaining and provocative discourse, Young shares his thoughts and meditations on such important topics as race, civil rights, faith, and leadership. Young offers his wisdom on these subjects to a new generation of young men and women in hopes that his battle-tested voice will inspire and encourage those in whose hands the world will soon rest.
- Author BiographyANDREW YOUNG American politician, diplomat, and pastor from Georgia, USA, who has served as mayor of Atlanta, a congressman, and United States ambassador to the United Nations. He also served as president of the National Council of Churches USA, and was a supporter and friend of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He lives in Atlanta, Georgia. KABIR SEHGAL works at JPMorgan in New York. He studied at Dartmouth College, USA, and the London School of Economics, UK. Sehgal served as a special assistant to Senator Max Cleland and on the John Kerry presidential campaign. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Andrew J. Young,Kabir Sehgal
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/12/2011
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note0
- Weight230 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byPresident Bill Clinton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.