Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Istanbul to New Delhi to Boulder, Colorado, through Venice, Paris, Rome, and points between As travellers, we are always walking backwards, forever on the verge of stepping into the unkwn, never kwing what waits around the next corner. You could be lost, forget your passport, fall ill. You could be served a bowl of food and t kw whether it's animal, vegetable, or mineral. Even flushing the toilet can be an adventure. You are a child again, incent and hoping for the best, forced to trust strangers. Quite often this works out. Not always. Walking Backwards is a return to 10 cities and what happened there. Whether inadvertently smuggling cloth into Istanbul, reading poetry in New Delhi to a crowd expecting a world-famous pianist, or wandering endlessly through Mantua searching for a n-existent hotel on a street that's fallen off the map, Mark Frutkin is a master at rediscovering the magic at the heart of all travel.
- Author BiographyMark Frutkin is an award-winning fiction author whose most recent novel, Fabrizio's Return, won the Trillium and Sunburst Awards and was a finalist for the Commonwealth Writers' Prize for Best Book (Canada/Caribbean Region). In 2008 he published a memoir, Erratic North: A Vietnam Draft Resister's Life in the Canadian Bush. He lives in Ottawa.
- Author(s)Mark Frutkin
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication05/08/2011
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Out-of-print date16/02/2015
- Weight220 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.