All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWalking guide to 30 day walks in the Eden Valley, in the rth of Cumbria, following the River Eden from Kirkby Stephen past Penrith and Carlisle to the Solway Firth. A wide range of day routes, from 4 to 17 miles in length, past ruined castles, churches and prehistoric settlements with stunning views of the Lake District, Pennines and Scottish hills. If Cumbria's beautiful Eden Valley were anywhere but next to the Lake District, it would be full of tourists. As it is, few venture this far, leaving locals to delight in the fact that they have this wonderful area, with its rich natural and human heritage, all to themselves. This new guidebook covers routes from the source of the River Eden, high in the wild Pennines, through undulating countryside and past red sandstone villages, right up to the vast, open expanses of the Solway marshes on the Scottish border. Walkers can enjoy anything from day-long moorland hikes to gentle riverside and woodland strolls, taking in attractive gorges, flower-filled meadows, limestone pavement and one of England's largest stone circles. Routes are graded 1 to 5, many linking with the Settle-Carlisle railway line. Packed with historical information.
- Author BiographyVivienne Crow is a freelance writer and photographer who specialises in the outdoors and has a love of hill-walking. Based in Cumbria for the past 15 years, she is the assistant secretary of the Outdoor Writers and Photographers Guild.
- Author(s)Vivienne Crow
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication14/06/2011
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note100 colour photos and 45 OS map extracts
- Weight210 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.