All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGuidebook to walking in Derbyshire and the Peak District. 60 circular day walks, ranging from 2 to 10 miles (4 to 14km), offer something for walkers of all abilities. The walks start from bases all over the area including Glossop, Buxton, Bakewell, Matlock, Ripley, Ashbourne and Derby. The routes are illustrated with OS map extracts and accompanied with the author's own photographs, as well as including plenty of practical information on getting to and around Derbyshire and the routes. Historic sites including Hardwick Hall, Kedleston Hall, Eyam, Chatsworth House (the fictional Pemberley), New Mills, Cromford, Goyt Valley and Dovedale are also explored, as are Bronze and Iron Age forts, medieval castles and ruined Abbeys. Walking routes pass remnants of ancient civilisations, fine market towns and villages, caverns, castles, country houses and parklands, historic spa resorts and industrial heritage sites, and the book is full of background information detailing the local history.
- Author BiographyElaine Burkinshaw has lived around Sheffield and Manchester all her life, and has a passion for exploring her local area, with particular emphasis on the enjoyment of local history and local attractions. This is her second walking guide published by Cicerone.
- Author(s)Elaine Burkinshaw
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2010
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note110 colour photos and 60 OS map extracts
- Weight340 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.