All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his almost forty-year career as a theologian, Hendrik M Vroom has become an intelligent observer and authority in the field of religious diversity. For more than a century Western theology has been exposed to rigorous criticism, while granting space to other worldview traditions. What was once common has lost its self-evidence, leading to intriguing questions. Do theistic religions worship the same God? Do religions have the same morality? Do they accept the same rules for accounting what one believes? And as our world becomes more pluralistic as religions change and affect each other, how can their followers be certain about their beliefs and moralities? These are stimulating and essential questions for anyone interested in the phemen of religion.
- Author BiographyHendrik M. Vroom is a professor emeritus in philosophy of religion at VU University Amsterdam. He has been coordinator of the research group Encounter of Traditions, now the Amsterdam Centre for Cultural and Religious Diversity, and he is the author of No Other Gods, Religions and the Truth, A Spectrum of Worldviews, and many articles in theory of religion, religious hermeneutics, and interreligious dialogue.
- Author(s)Hendrik M. Vroom
- PublisherVU University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintVU University Press
- Weight635 g
- Width150 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.