Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionGuide to 28 multi-day walks and treks in the Dolomites. The routes range between 2 to 4 days in length and there are options to shorten or lengthen the routes. The majority are rewarding ring routes or extended traverses linking different valleys. A couple of days at a time are spent traversing the high reaches, with overnight stays in excellent huts. Where relevant, there is cross-referencing to enable walkers to vary or link up more itineraries, t to mention alternative exit or access routes. On the other hand, shorter sections can be cut off for day walks where a return to base is desired. The walks described in this guidebook have been graded for overall difficulty and range from Grade 1 which refers to clear tracks and paths over straightforward terrain, all of which are suitable for beginners, to Grade 3 which refers to strenuous steep climbs with possible exposed stretches and descents involved.
- Author BiographyGillian Price was born in England but moved to Australia when young. After taking a degree in anthropology and working in adult education, she set off to travel through Asia and trek the Himalayas. Gillian has steadily explored the mountain ranges of Italy and brought them to life for visitors in a series of outstanding guides for Cicerone.
- Author(s)Gillian Price
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Out-of-print date30/11/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsVinyl-covered
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.