All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA walking guidebook to the Forest of Dean Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. From short walks of 4 miles to all-day sections of long-distance routes such as the Offa's Dyke path and the Gloucestershire Way, the 25 walks in this guidebook gives you the information needed to enjoy a wide range of walking among the rolling countryside of the Forest of Dean. 21 of the walks are circular, and 4 one-way linear routes along historic long-distance trails are described, alongside 1:25,000 OS map extracts and a wealth of background information on places of interest along the way. The walks in this guidebook take you to all corners of the forest, along shaded valleys and gorges, across wide-open farmland and over high ridges with big views. Every route is supplemented by historic, geological and wildlife information to help you make the most of your days walking in the Forest of Dean, as well as practical information on public transport and other local facilities.
- Author BiographyMike Dunn was born and bred in the English Midlands but has now lived in the Vale of Glamorgan for over 25 years. He has worked for the Welsh Assembly Government, specialising in environmental and conservation issues. Mike has written widely on landscape, walking, pubs and real ale.
- Author(s)Mike Dunn
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication13/05/2013
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note80 colour photos and 35 OS map extracts
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.