Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sierra Nevada, the highest mountain range in Spain, provides tremendous scope for the adventurous mountain traveller: there are rugged peaks over 3000m (Alta Montana), remote valleys, crystal-clear streams and some very interesting scenery among the lower limestone peaks of Baja Montana. Mountain bikers will find plenty of routes to explore; in winter there are sw sports galore, from downhill skiing and swboarding to Nordic ski tours and winter mountaineering. With the tourist excesses of the Alps thankfully still absent here, the Sierra Nevada can provide the kind of experience which is w becoming rare in many of the world's other mountain areas. This guide covers the high sector of the range and will prove invaluable to any visitor to the area. There is information on camping and accommodation, road access, mountain-biking routes, local bases, topography and climate, as well as descriptions of 45 walking routes that vary in length from 3km to 56km.
- Author BiographyAndy Walmsley was born in Lancashire, and has always been involved in outdoor activities. Despite a serious accident in 1981, he remains an active mountain-goer. Andy has spent much time exploring the Spanish Sierra Nevada mountains for this guide.
- Author(s)Andy Walmsley
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2006
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note50 colour photos and 8 overview maps
- Weight210 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.