All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook describes 16 routes across Rum, Eigg, Muck, Canna, Coll and Tiree, suitable for a wide range of abilities, and exploring coast, mountains and wilderness. The 15 day walks include a challenging round of the Rum Cuillin, and the one 3-day 55km backpacking route heads around the Rum coastline, sometimes over pathless and tough terrain. The Small Isles are often called the hidden gems of the Western Isles, providing a walking paradise for those seeking wilderness and solitude, alongside the better-kwn Rum. Highlights include, on Rum, the towering volcanic peaks of the Rum Cuillin, Kinloch Castle, Kilmory bay; An Sgurr and Cleadale on Eigg; Canna's towering cliffs and rock stacks; the verdant landscape and sparkling shores of Muck; and the white sand bays and flower-carpeted machair of Coll and Tiree. Each island is different and has its own introduction here, with detailed information on geology, history and wildlife, as well as local amenities.
- Author BiographyPeter Edwards grew up in Sussex and nurtured a love of walking amid the hills of the South Downs. He has undertaken numerous walking and cycling expeditions in Europe and beyond and is drawn to wild and remote landscapes in particular. He moved to Glasgow in 2006.
- Author(s)Peter Edwards
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication12/06/2012
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note100 colour photos and 30 OS map extracts
- Weight260 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsVinyl-covered
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.