All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKos Evans has blazed a trail through the photographic world with her unique style and daredevil antics. Famous for her amazing, invative angles, she stands out because of the often dangerous lengths she goes to to get the best shot. Some of her most well-kwn images were taken from the top of masts, or hanging over the sides of boats, or in the water, capturing speeding boats from only inches away. This photographic showcase features her most amazing and beautiful pictures. With descriptive captions detailing the background of each shot (how she came to be taking it, the difficulties she encountered), this collection tells the story of Kos's incredible skill and and intrepid acrobatics. Walking on Water is a gorgeous celebration of outstanding marine photography, packed with spectacular images that take you close to the action. For her entire career Kos has captured dramatic, eyecatching shots that made her the envy of her peers; this book provides a unique insight into the work and skills of a remarkable indomitable female photographer who has made her distinctive mark in what is very much a tough man's world. The book also includes a Foreword by Duran Duran singer and keen sailor Simon Le Bon.
- Author BiographyKos Evans has been photographing boats and the sea since her teens. She has photographed many of the major marine events (America's Cup, Whitbread Round the World Race, Sydney-Hobart Race, Fastnet Race and more) as well as undertaking assignments for the like of Sir Robin Knox-Johnston, Sir Peter Blake and Ben Ainslie. She has won numerous awards for her work, and has made enough of a name for herself that she is known worldwide simply as 'Kos'.
- Author(s)Kos Evans
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThomas Reed Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight976 g
- Width232 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.