All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe Fulani are the largest surviving group of mads on the planet. In Walking With Abel, Anna Badkhen embeds herself with a family of Fulani cowboys in Mali, experiencing first-hand a way of life that has endured for centuries. Dubbing her Anna Ba and embracing her as one of their own, the mads take her along as they embark on their annual migration across the West African Sahel, herding their cattle from their dry season camp to their rainy season camp and back. Badkhen narrates her hosts' journeys, and her own, with compassion and keen observation.
- Author BiographyAnna Badkhen has written about wars on four continents, including the conflicts in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, and Chechnya. Her reporting has appeared in The New York Times, The New Republic, Foreign Policy, and other publications. She is the author, most recently, of The World is a Carpet: Four Seasons in an Afghan Village and Walking with Abel: Journeys with the Nomads of the African Savannah. Badkhen lives in Philadelphia. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Anna Badkhen
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintRiverhead Books,U.S.
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.