All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThese poems represent a turn in Bill Tremblay's long, distinguished career. The political and social concerns are still present, as well as the powerful lyric invention that has marked his previous collections. What's new is the poems' meditative interiority, the sense of a man alone with his faiths, failures, feelings, and thoughts as he walks daily along the irrigation ditch near his house, the Rocky Mountains and great Colorado sky in the background, dwarfing all that anyone ever thought, did, or believed. The whole book has about it a passionate, mesmerizing calm.
- Author BiographyBill Tremblay is author of eight collections of poems, including Crying in the Cheap Seats, Duhamel, and Shooting Script: Door of Fire. His most recent book is Magician's Hat, poems on the life and work on the Mexican muralist David Alfaro Siqueiros. Since 1973 he has lived in Ft. Collins, Colorado, where he was one of the founders of the Master of Fine Arts program at Colorado State University. He was, for many years, editor of the Colorado Review, and was recipient of many awards, including fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Fulbright Foundation. Colorado State University honored him, as a legendary teacher, with the John F. Stern Distinguished Professor Award.
- Author(s)Bill Tremblay
- PublisherLynx House Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSpokane, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynx House Press
- Weight159 g
- Width150 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.