All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQueensland's Tropics provide numerous environments for enjoyable walking: lush rainforests, cloud-shrouded mountains, extinct volcaes, drier savanna woodlands, magnificent beaches on the coast and Great Barrier Reef islands. This book brings together more than 150 of the best walks, tracks or trails in Queensland's Tropics, located within the coastal strip between Rockhampton and Cooktown. Walks vary from short boardwalk strolls in the lowland rainforests of Daintree National Park to 4-6 day hiking and camping trips on Hinchinbrook Island. Other routes follow old gold miners' and forestry tracks or coaching routes or feature historical sites, rivers, lagoons, geological and geographical formations or much earlier Aboriginal communication tracks where Dreamtime stories add a further dimension. Man-made environments of abandoned gold towns, heritage riverfronts, Art Deco streetscapes, and Second World War installations also feature. Most routes are best completed during the 'Dry' season (May to October) and walked by moderately fit individuals. Most do t require specialist navigation or bushcraft skills. Walks, Tracks and Trails of Queensland's Tropics highlights the best the region has to offer. Easy-to-interpret maps are included to help you navigate, and the book's size makes it convenient to carry in the backpack.
- Author BiographyDerrick Stone is a keen outdoors person who enjoys bushwalking and exploring new environments. He wrote Walks, Tracks and Trails of Victoria and Walks, Tracks and Trails of New South Wales (both published by CSIRO Publishing), has contributed to Victoria's National Parks and Melbourne's Great Outdoors, was joint author of Murray River Country, and has edited books about gold and gemstones. Derrick has further increased his knowledge of the natural environment through his profession as a freelance graphic designer with a long history of producing books associated with natural history.
- Author(s)Derrick Stone
- PublisherCSIRO Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintCSIRO Publishing
- Content Note500 full colour photographs, 120 maps
- Weight713 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $34.38
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $41.24
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.23
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $45.52
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $37.74
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $20.62
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $19.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.