All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionLike so many of Woolf's odysseys into the heart of America's subcultures, Wall to Wall traces a modern Ulysses in reverse: from a West Coast asylum where he works as an attendant to a Boston asylum where he visits his mother, Claude Squires views roadside America from its weak side--the tough underbelly of the Southwest, Tucson, the Rio Grande, Nogales, The Border--before thrusting himself into Okie's sacred shrine, Oklahoma City, and into the staid Eastern Corridor that ends in Boston. Claude's vehicle is a '59 Thunderhead, a female beast, which his father, a used-car dealer in L.A., has commissioned him to deliver to Oklahoma City. And like all of Woolf's cars, the Thunderhead is a she, a domineering companion in Claude's cross-country picaresque flight of passage. In Wall to Wall Woolf's view is evocative and is very much his own. First published by Grove Press in 1962, Wall to Wall has been an underground classic for over thirty-five years, a comic and satiric masterpiece.
- Author BiographyDouglas Woolf an American author of short stories, novels, and book reviews.
- Author(s)Doug Woolf
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1984
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNormal, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Weight454 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.