All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.35
- AU $61.12Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $17.89Trending at AU $18.33
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionSir Leonard Wallace, Chief of the Secret Service, sends one of his agents to Germany to obtain vital information from the Baroness von Reudath. Foster is told to feign infatuation with her, but the lines between reality and pretence soon blur as a result of his growing affection for the baroness. Before long, Foster becomes prey to the insane jealousy of the tyrannical Marshal von Strom: Foster suddenly disappears and the baroness is charged with treason - the punishment for which is death. Can Wallace use his cunning to foil von Strom's treacherous plans and rescue the distressed lovers before it's too late?
- Author BiographyAlexander Wilson was a writer, spy and secret service officer. He served in the First World War before moving to India to teach as a Professor of English Literature, and began writing spy novels whilst there. During WW2, Wallace worked as an intelligence agent. He enjoyed great success and notoriety for his writing in the 1940s, with reviews in the Telegraph, Observer, Scotsman and the Times Literary Supplement. He died in 1963.
- Author(s)Alexander Wilson
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Wallace of the Secret Service Series
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.