Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionWithin the simple constraints of a glass globe, the captivating images in Travelers conjure up entire sequences of imaginary worlds and events. Walter Martin and Paloma Muz collaboratively create mesmerizing miniature swbound environments, then record them in chilly color photographs. At first glance the work is playful; on closer observation, it often reveals darker narratives: lone wanderers survey the frigid landscape, people and creatures exhibit unnatural tendencies, and ill-defined crimes are committed. Martin and Muz create the figures either adapting ready-mades or shaping them out of clay, then paint and position them within the environments they also construct. The final compositions are then captured in photographs that are meticulously stitched and adjusted digitally for the final effect. Curator Dan Cameron has complimented the artists on their ability to juggle both visual and psychological charges. At the same time that they produce riddle-like parables about modern existence, they do t shirk the artists obligation to invent a new formulation of tactile and even sensual pleasure.
- Author(s)Paloma Cuenca Munoz,Walter Martin
- Date of Publication18/08/2008
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note40 colour illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width191 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.