All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $54.09
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.52
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $19.22
- AU $10.99Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.49
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.38
About this product
- DescriptionWanda has freckles. Lots and lots of freckles. They make her feel special, until the day in the park when a group of boys point, laugh and tease her for having spots. All of a sudden, the freckles she'd liked become a problem. What can she do? Wanda decides that there's only one thing: make her freckles disappear altogether! At a time when there's pressure to conform to someone else's idea of perfection, this playful story has an important message: individuality and self-acceptance are to be celebrated.
- Author BiographyBarbara Azore was born in England and immigrated to Canada in 1967. She spent many years working for the Edmonton Public School Board in elementary and junior high-school libraries. Since retiring, she has had articles published in the Edmonton Journal and a parenting magazine. Barbara Azore lives in Edmonton. Georgia Graham, born and raised in Calgary, has been using chalk pastels since grade four. After graduating from the Alberta College of Art, she began using her artwork to entertain children in her Sunday-school class. She has illustrated many children s books, including the critically acclaimed Wanda and the Wild Hair and Wanda and the Frogs, written by Barbara Azore. Georgia Graham lives on a tree farm in central Alberta with her husband and dog, Ginger. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Barbara Azore
- PublisherTundra Books
- Date of Publication17/05/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTundra Books
- Content Note1
- Weight104 g
- Width247 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.