All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionSet in the 1980s in the rural community of Bidarkee Bay, Alaska, a fictional area the size of a small state with a population of barely 20,000, Wander is the story of Patrice Pete Nash, a young broadcast reporter who finds herself facing the winter alone after her husband, Nate, accepts a job on the slope. As Pete pursues the next big breaking news story, she strikes up a friendship with the new guy in town, the Ivy League-educated Ren, who recites poetry and lives in the family-owned, vacant inn. Their friendship offers a glimpse of a different kind of life one that seems to Pete to offer everything marriage to the country-raised Nate does t. But unbekwn to Pete, Ren has come to Alaska for his own dark reasons to end his life. By the time, Nate returns home, their lives have been irrevocably changed. One man is dead, two others missing and a third forever lost to them.
- Author BiographyLori Tobias left her Pennsylvania hometown at 18 for a brief visit with her Air Force-enlisted sister in Alaska. She stayed eight years, studying journalism at the University of Alaska and marrying her husband Chan in an A-frame church with a view of Denali. She has since lived in Connecticut, Washington, Southern Oregon and Colorado. In her 25-years in journalism, she worked as a columnist and feature writer for the Rocky Mountain News, and covered the Oregon Coast as a staff writer for The Oregonian. She is a recipient of an Oregon Literary Fellowship. She currently lives on the Oregon Coast with her husband Chan and shelter rescue Mugsy.
- Author(s)Lori Tobias
- PublisherBoreal Books
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoreal Books
- Weight181 g
- Width124 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.