All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the spirit of the world's longest coastal driving route, Paul Clements sets out to discover the real west of Ireland. Along the way he encounters memorable characters living on the Atlantic edge and presents a unique portrait of their lives. We meet the last man standing on a remote Galway island, listen to the banter at Puck Fair, and hear from a descendant of the original sixteenth-century wild Atlantic woman. Tagging along on his meandering journey is the swashbuckling presence of the Celtic sea god, Manannan Mac Lir. For his first travel book in 1991, Paul hitchhiked the same route. Now retracing his steps along the Wild Atlantic Way - this time by car and bike, on horseback and on foot - he looks at how Ireland has changed and realises everyone still has a story to tell. Laced with wry humour and endless curiosity, this is a distinctive mix of travel writing, social history and nature.
- Author BiographyPaul Clements is a journalist, broadcaster and writer. He is the author of a trilogy of travel books about Ireland: Burren Country (2011), The Height of Nonsense (2005) and Irish Shores (1993). Originally from County Tyrone, he lives in Belfast and spends part of each year in the west of Ireland researching, writing, walking, and seeking inspiration. A former BBC journalist, he now contributes to newspapers, magazines and to travel guides to Ireland He is a Fellow of Green-Templeton College, Oxford.
- Author(s)Paul Clements
- PublisherThe Collins Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleWandering Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way: From Banba's Crown to World's End
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Collins Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight369 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.