All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWang Zhiyuan was born in 1958 in Tianjin, China, and graduated from the Central Academy of Fine Arts (CAFA) in Beijing. He moved to Australia in 1989 to earn his Masters of Fine Arts in Sydney and worked there for over a decade, also serving as chief adviser for the prestigious White Rabbit Collection of contemporary Chinese art. He currently lives and works in Beijing. For Wang Zhiyuan, the things we discard, reject, or disregard are vital and determinant, and often lovelier or uglier than we once thought. His boldly individual and ambitious style, using ermous and colourful metaphors, cleverly parodies the many contradictions of globalised consumption, market insatiability, politicised culture, and social decay. His work is part of major collections in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Author BiographyRosa Maria Falvo is a writer and curator and Skira's international commissions editor, specializing in Asia-Pacific art. Judith Neilson, investment manager, arts philanthropist, and art collector, is the founder and director of the White Rabbit Gallery, in Chippendale, Australia. Bai Jiafeng is an art critic and curator based in Beijing. Menene Gras is the director of culture and exhibitions at Casa Asia in Madrid.
- Author(s)Judith Neilson,Rosa Maria Falvo
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note190 colour illustrations
- Weight1640 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.