Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
About this product
- DescriptionAt the advice of his court officers, Emperor Zoe paid a pilgrimage to the temple of Goddess Woman Wa, who had saved the Middle Kingdom from destruction by mending a cosmic crack in the sky during early human history. Dazzled by the beauty of her icon, he fell in love with her. To express his lewd desire, he left a poem on the walls of the temple wishing to have her in his harem. Goddess Woman Wa was angry at this blasphemous act and wanted to punish Zoe by destroying his empire, Shang. Three elves were summoned to her presence to carry out the punishment. One of the elves was a fox which had acquired the wisdom of Tao. She took over the body of Dar Gee, the beautiful daughter of one of the lords under Zoe. Dar Gee became Zoe's favorite woman. She framed a charge against the formal queen, who was the daughter of one of the four highest ranking Dukes, and had her murdered. She subsequently became the queen. Zoe then used a false pretense to summon the four Dukes to the capital and then executed two of them, one being the father of the murdered queen. Heirs of the two murdered Dukes then mutinied and began rebellion. Jiang Sarn, a Taoist from Sect Eulicidatus, was sent to the human world to prepare for a full scale revolution. Jiang Sarn became the prime minister of the most powerful Duke, West, of the Zhou Fiefdom. As the revolutionary war escalated, Zoe sent his most capable warrior-Taoist, Imperial Teacher Wen to lead an army to subdue Duke West. However, ather sect of Tao, the Interceptus, sided with Zoe and sent disciples from this sect to the aid of Zoe. The Patriarch of Sect Elucidatus also dispatched his disciples to aid Jiang Sarn. Challenges of the abilities of Tao between these two sects commenced and escalated. Magic weapons (Dharmaratnas) and magic feats (Fa Shu) were displayed in the battle fields. The other Sect, the Anthropodus, did t send any disciples to join the war, but in general it sided with Elucidatus whenever needs arose. Ten matrices of war were erected by disciples of Interceptus to test the abilities of the Tao of Elucidatus. Volume 1 ends with a stalemate between disciples of the two Sects. This Book is published by EHGBooks - A Micropublisher with authorized distribution sales channel over Amazon.com.
- Author BiographyHong-Yee Chiu, Ph. D, Cornell University, is a distinguished NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Space Scientist while holding professorships in Columbia University, Yale University, Stony Brook University among others. Since his retirement he has engaged in writing. He has published several literary works. This is a science fiction / fantasy based on the wisdom of Tao.
- Author(s)Hong-Yee Chiu
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight717 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.