All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn War and Revolution in Catalonia, 1936-1939, Pelai Pag s i Blanch analyses the political and military evolution of the events in Catalonia during the Spanish Civil War: the street battles that defeated the military rebellion; the social revolution that pervaded all levels of Catalonia's politics, ecomy and culture; the gradual erosion of workers' power, culminating in the May Events; and Catalonia's eventual fall to Franco's forces. Pag s i Blanch demonstrates the extent to which the war was lost when the Republican leaders, in order to 'unify' the left against fascism.
- Author BiographyPelai Pages i Blanch Ph.D. (1949), University of Barcelona, is Professor of Contemporary History at that university. He is the author of several monographs and articles on the Spanish Civil War, including The War Industry Commision of Catalonia, 1936-1938 (Publicacions de l'Abadia de Montserrat, 2008). Patrick L. Gallagher is associate professor of Spanish at Kent State University, where he specializes in 19th-21st century Spain, and teaches Spanish language, literature, culture, history and politics.
- Author(s)Pelai Pages i Blanch
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleHistorical Materialism
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated byPatrick Gallagher
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.